Catch all the news and important messages about Project: VISION’s programs.
2/22 - 2/23 PV Program this weekend PV这周末的活动
2/22 Saturday 星期六
High School 高中学生
LEAD – 8:30 – 12:30 am
YPAC – 1:30 – 3:30 pm
SAT prep class A 预备课程班级A 1:30 – 3:30 pm
SAT prep class B 预备课程班级B 3:30 – 5:30 pm
2/22 Saturday 星期日
NWEA Prep Class 预备课程 课前模拟考 – 1:00 – 4:00 pm
NWEA Sign-up Happening Now! NWEA报名火热进行中
In this NWEA test preparation course we will cover material in both mathematics and reading as well as basic test taking strategies. The start of the course will be spent ensuring that students are on grade level for the seventh grade NWEA exam. As the course progresses we will also cover some eighth and ninth grade material as the exam is adaptive and will increase in difficulty if the student is answering questions correctly.
The price will be $300, you are welcome to our office to sign up!
Coronavirus Prevention 新型冠状病毒预防措施
Be mindful that it is also the annual flu season, and it is actually more contagious than the new virus according to scientists. At this time, Project: VISION’s policy is that if your student elects to miss tutoring or other PV programs due to virus precautions, we will count this as an unexcused absence. Our policies also ask students to inform the center if they are to miss a tutoring or a program.
Project: VISION will take the following measures to prevent infection:
– All students, tutors, and staff are required to use hand-sanitizer at the front-desk before sign-in.
– Staff will educate children on general hygiene measure to protect themselves and others from infection (Cough into Your Elbow, wash hands or use hand-sanitizer frequently).
– Tables will be wiped down every other day.
– If you have flu symptoms (fever, cough, sneeze, sore throat), please wear a face mask or stay at home.
– 经常用肥皂和水洗手至少 20 秒钟。如果没有肥皂和水,请使用酒精类洗手液。
Some of you have showed concern over the new Coronavirus. According to the last update on Febuary 7, 2020 by Chicago Department of Public Heath (CDPH), so far there were only two cases detected in Chicago. There is no immediate threat to the general public and no special precautions are required. Chicago residents, students, workers, and visitors do NOT need to change their behavior in any way.
There are no additional precautions recommended for the general public to take. As with any respiratory virus, you can protect yourself and others by taking everyday preventative actions:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
1/10 - (Delayed 已延期) Feedback Meeting at Ward School 华德学校家长回馈会
The parent feedback meeting for Ward parents will be this Thursday, January 9 at 8 am at James Ward. It will be in the parent room in the basement. We encourage as many parents who can make it to attend, as we want to be able to best serve our youth and families and hear how we can improve this pilot program. Thank you for your time! Please message in our WeChat group if you are planning on coming, and if you have other feedback, please let us know.