HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The High School Scholars Program aims to provide high school students with academic support, service, and leadership experiences that help develop the important skills and confidence youth need to succeed. Our goal is to help youth successfully complete high school on time and get into college so that they can reach their future career and personal goals!
Join the High School Program:
These programs support academic success by helping youth develop effective study skills, build their knowledge of core subjects, and navigate the college application process.
- After school homework tutoring
- ELL tutoring
- College readiness: college application workshops, essay writing workshops, ACT and SAT prep classes, financial aid workshops, college campus visits
Community service is an integral part of positive youth development. Service learning aims to foster a sense of social responsibility in youth by building awareness, fostering positive attitudes, and providing meaningful service opportunities.
- Monthly service learning projects
Youth learn leadership skills by engaging the community through year-long service projects and participating in career readiness and internship programs.
- Project: LEAD (Exelon Saturday Program)
- Young Diverse Leaders of Chicago (YDLC – mentoring program)
- Health Awareness Prevention and Promotion by Youth (HAPPY – community health program)
- Keen Entrepreneurial Youth (KEY – social enterprise project)
- Young Positive Agents of Change (YPAC – youth-driven community service ideas)