HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The High School Scholars Program aims to provide high school students with academic support, service, and leadership experiences that help develop the important skills and confidence youth need to succeed. Our goal is to help youth successfully complete high school on time and get into college so that they can reach their future career and personal goals!
This year, Project: VISION is serving 110 students in its core High School Scholars Program. These students come from 14 neighborhoods and 14 different high schools all over Chicago.
Join the High School Program:
These programs support academic success by helping youth develop effective study skills, build their knowledge of core subjects, and navigate the college application process.
- After school homework tutoring
- Math Motivators
- ELL tutoring
- College readiness: One on one mentoring, ACT and SAT prep classes, campus visits, college application and essay writing workshops, financial aid and life skills workshops
Community service is an integral part of positive youth development. Service learning aims to foster a sense of social responsibility in youth by building awareness, fostering positive attitudes, and providing meaningful service opportunities.
Youth learn leadership skills by engaging the community through year-long service projects and participating in career readiness and internship programs.
SERVE / LEAD High School Programs
- Project: LEAD (Exelon)
- Mental Health Matters
- DREAM (Chicago Park District)
- Young Diverse Leaders of Chicago (YDLC) – Chicago Rises
- Young Positive Agents of Change (YPAC) – Youth-driven community service ideas
- ELL Leadership