Camp PV 2021 looked different this year! After a long year of virtual learning, we were excited to offer Summer Camp in a virtual model with a hybrid in-person option! Our main goals for summer were to help our youth reconnect with themselves, their peers, and their community:
- REBUILD the relationships with our youth and socially prepare them for the upcoming school year.
- RECONNECT by giving opportunities for youth to connect with their peers, new friends, and even themselves.
- RECREATE by making space for fun and relaxation to create memories with their community.
Each day had an academic lesson to keep kids learning throughout the summer, a project or craft, and either a game or life skill lesson. Each week also incorporated social and emotional learning and STEM, and campers had activities they were able to do outside of camp hours.
- Week 1 – Explore : Oceanography, astronomy geography. Students explored their environment surrounding
- Week 2 – Connect : How cultures and communities interact. Ways to connect with others and self
- Week 3 – Grow : Emphasis on nature, and promoting self-growth
- Week 4 – Investigate : STEM-related topics that challenge students to think outside the box
- Week 5 – Adapt : Life skills like time, and stress management, financial literacy for kids
- Week 6 – Create : Artistic and creative capabilities, hands-on
Campers had a summer full of adventure, exploration, and discovery, even in a hybrid learning setting. We learned so much from this new format and can’t wait to have fun and engage with even more kids next summer!