$45 / $75
5K / 20K Registration
We Run Chinatown is a Project: VISION fundraiser highlighting Chicago’s Chinatown Community.
Join the We Run Chinatown
CELEBRATE 20 YEARS WITH 20K
Run (or ride or row) your own race at your own pace. Challenge yourself to accumulate 20K (12 miles) while supporting Chinatown community youth!
May 26th – June 11th
in honor of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month and PV’s 20th anniversary!
Open to some new sights? If you’re running, plan your run route around the iconic Chinatown area and learn more about this proud and vibrant community.
- Race Shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Invitation to join Race Club (invite sent upon registration)
- Access to in-person Popup Activities
- Race Hoodie (For 20K challengers)
- personalized shoutout from pv students (for 20K challengers)
- Social Media Shoutout (For 20K team challengers only)
- For fundraisers: Online fundraising page
2023 Community Partners
The We Run Chinatown Community partners all promote chinatown while supporting and serving the chinatown community in impactful ways.
PLEASE consider supporting our community partners.
Click their logos to donate directly to each Organization.
2023 Fitness Challange
WHY TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
fitness & fundraising
20k for 20 Years
Project: VISION is
celebrating 20 Years!
Proceeds from this fitness challenge will benefit Project: VISION programs that support and serve community youth in impactful ways.
Learn. Serve. Lead.
Project: VISION (PV) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help youth in Chicago’s Greater Chinatown community reach their full potential by providing them with tools for educational, personal, and civic development.
PV programs ensure that youth are supported to LEARN, encouraged to SERVE their communities, and finally empowered to LEAD through tutoring, mentoring, college and career readiness, service learning, and leadership training. These programs guide and support youth as they work toward their educational goals while building confidence, character, positive attitudes, and essential skills that prepare them for the workplace and as engaged citizens in their communities.
FOR WE RUN CHINATOWN RUNNERS
RUNNER PARTICIPANT GUIDE
2023 Virtual Race
TEAM RACE ACTIVITY
2023 Virtual Challenge
- MAY Weeknight TBD: In-person community run with family-style run club
- MAY Weekend TBD: In-person community run with family-style run club
- JUNE TBD: PROJECT: VISION FAMILY RUN
COMMUNITY RUN ROUTES
TEAM PROJECT: VISION
Team PV’s Route passes by these important points in the Chinatown community:
- STARTING LINE: Ping Tom Memorial Park
- Chinatown Library
- Piloted an afterschool program here pre-pandemic.
- Project: VISION Youth Center -Middle School Space
- Our home in the heart of Chinatown, where over 300 youth participate in afterschool programming.
- Project: VISION Youth Center – High School Space
- NEW space dedicated to high school youth!
- Haines Elementary School
- Our first satellite school site! We provided academic support to 30 Haines students.
- James Ward Elementary School
- Our second satellite school site! We provided academic support to 30 Ward students.
- FINISH LINE: Ping Tom Memorial Park
FAMILY STYLE RUN CLUB
This Route passes by these important points in the Chinatown community:
- STARTING LINE:
- FINISH LINE:
THANK YOU EVENT SPONSORS
THANK YOU, CORPORATE TEAMS
By sponsoring the Virtual Fitness Challenge, you will help us provide much-needed community services as we emerge in post-COVID times to recover and rebuild brighter futures for our community.
- To help us strengthen community bonds
- To combat the ongoing negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- To make a further-reaching impact on the diverse community groups we serve
Proceeds go toward programs that benefit the community youth and families we serve.
If you would like to sponsor the event, contact Sandy@projectVISIONchicago.org.