What information is collected and how is it used?
We collect only the personal information that we need for the purposes of advancing and improving our organization’s mission and services. Information collected includes:
- First and last names
- Home or mailing addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Personal e-mail addresses
- Demographic information (i.e. age, sex, family information, financial information, eligibility to work, etc.)
- Educational or career history
- Donation payment information
How is personal information collected?
- Directly from our clients during in-person enrollment and surveys
- Website contact forms
- Job applications, resumes, professional references, criminal background checks, employment documents, performance reviews
We do not collect your personal information from third parties without your written consent or authorization. Our website does not track, collect, or distribute personal information about its visitors.
How is the information used?
- To provide services to our clients (i.e. program enrollment, delivery of service, and funder reporting)
- Hiring of staff and volunteers (i.e. determination of qualifications, payroll enrollment)
- Managing employment (i.e. determination of qualification for promotion, compensation adjustments, benefits, decisions regarding termination
How do we safeguard personal information?
We protect personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information, including proper storage of physical paperwork and electronic files. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete. We rely on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our organization. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know, and we will correct it on request. If you wish to remove your information from our database, please tell us in writing.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes.